Thursday, July 8, 2010

Confessions of a Francophile

Phew...I've been busy these past few days! First, we've been asked to participate in a craft fair at a retirement community. Yes, it's a small deal, but it's kind of a big deal for us considering the craft fair is a Christmas in July event and I have no real Christmas inventory to speak of! So, I've been cranking out things like cards, gift tags and (hopefully soon!) prettily-scented pine cone fire starters.

Second, I've been scratching my Franco Itch. While it's true I can trace my roots back to the mother-land, it's not so much that I'm a Francophile. Seriously. (No, really!)

It's just over the years, I've seemed to amass quite a few French-inspired home decor items; an Eiffel Tower lamp and a wine rack, a set of Frenchie stamps, a good french recipe book, rustic french-country prints, etc... Either I like the way they look, or people give them to me as gifts. (It must be the vibes I'm sending out the Universe.)

And I look around on Etsy and other crafter's sites and see that French country is very popular right now. It is such a great look, I have to admit. Which makes it easy for me to indulge in this stuff.

I've been real excited about this weekend's Lavender Festival at Lakeside Lavender Farm here in Nampa. I've been talking about going for weeks now, and I've even driven by just to get a sneak peak of what we are in for. In the meantime, I've been busy sewing these pretty little sachets to fill with the flowers once I get them home and can dry them!


These sachets are made of muslin and are hand-stamped with said Frenchie stamp and different colored inks. Each one is unique. Some have liberty print muslin backs, others are plain muslin backs. Some have twine ribbon closures, others have fancy wire ribbon ties.


I wanted to share some photographs of what I've completed so far, just as a preview. I'll list them on Etsy when the time is right. But for now, I must get back to the sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment