Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bicyclette Coasters

Today I made a set of four coasters, each sporting a different vintage bicycle image. They're perfect for the bicycle enthusiast, and have a versatile look to enhance just about any decor theme.


They were relatively easy to make, since I had everything I needed right in my possession. It did require a few extra steps that I was unprepared for, but I managed and they turned out great!

In case you haven't noticed, many of my craft projects are upcycled items.
So here's the thing. I am engaged to a man who built the house in which we live. With recycled materials. And items from Craig's List. We often joke that this is the house craigslist.com built. Needless to say, there are plenty of building materials left over that I can upcycle. I can't say what catches my fancy, but I'm sure that if I treated our house like a rummage sale, (especially the basement!) I could find enough materials to keep me going for some time now!

Anyhow, I have some smaller travertine tiles left over that we decided not to use on our bathroom. I'm thinking they'll make great refrigerator magnets.

But for now, my ADD is kicking in. I think I will go bake some cupcakes to show off the new cupcake wrappers I made last night out of Mexican bingo cards. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment