Sunday, June 20, 2010

Time On My Hands

My first post on BBC, and I am at a loss for where to start, which is kind of weird because I always have so much to say.

I had the pleasure of attending the Farm Chicks Antiques Show with my daughter, Zoe, earlier this month. Love, love, loved the show!





We only got to spend an hour, and we really needed much more time to take in all of the booths (there were so many!) It was a great mix of old and new, burlap and leather and doilies and turquoise and pink. A little country, a little frenchie, it was spectacular!



All I can say is thank goodness we went! The Farm Chicks are so creative and the show was spectacular! Since, I've been inspired to create some of my own goodies.

For instance, this clock was a fun little project (and just the beginning of my quest to create!):

Now, the clock itself is a smallish desk clock, about 8" tall, made of resin. It was brown and gold, and reeked of ugliness. I took the thing anyway, thinking that I could give it a face lift/ makeover. And that is exactly what I did! I took it apart, literally gave it a new face with some pretty paper in luscious berry, sprayed it a crisp robin's egg blue, and then put it all back together again. Voila!

I have another clock I want to reface, and will post it later with step-by-step details (in case anyone is interested!)

In the meantime, have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment