Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Provencal Menu Board- Upcycled Project of the Week

I am a believer in synchronicity. Just a few weeks ago, I was talking out loud to myself while driving in the car. I wasn't really paying attention, but I do recall that I said something to the effect of, "I need some wood that I can use to make chalkboards for the kids' rooms." Well, the next day, I was a yard sale and found an entire stack of cabinet door covers for only $5! I think by speaking the words out loud, the Universe answered!



With all the materials I have lying around the house, I thought I'd try my hand at making something a little more suited to the trends of the summer. I have about a gajillion cabinet knobs for use on my project, as well. And not just these, but a WIDE selection (see our shop, right).


And without further adieu, here is a look at my first chalkboard for Blackbird Creative. I have an entire sketchbook of new designs...can't wait to roll them out.



Our Provencal Menu Board is a one-of-a-kind piece. Perfect for summer weddings (as directional signs, for seating charts, or menu boards); for a bridal or baby shower or an outdoor dinner party. After, use it in the house as a family note board.

This item is for sale in our shop: $35. Items can be custom ordered. If you have a specific design in mind, just let me know! I'd be happy to collaborate.

P.S. We are not limited to black chalkboard paint, either! I can do ANY color! Just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment